Thursday, July 19, 2007

Me, Myself and I - Can You Work for Yourself?

Do you dream of starting your own home business? Well, why don't you? This isn't a difficult question. You probably have fears about following your dream or you would have done it already. We need to determine the things that are standing in your way and persuade you to let go of your fears and dare to do something different. Usually, what is keeping you from doing what you dream about is fear. Don't worry about your fear, it is a good thing! Fear keeps you grounded, but don't let it keep you from pursuing your dreams.

I have enjoyed working in several different areas during my working outside the home years, from being a hairdresser, to an accountant, to safety coordinator at a trucking company! I believe you learn new things at every different turn in your life. I know I certainly have! I enjoy the opportunity to learn new things, develop new friendships, and expand my horizons. Each new adventure can bring about challenges, problems, new realizations, and an abundance of knowledge!

I have many ideas in mind for working at home that I want to try at some point in time. You must get in touch with your inner creativity, find what interests you and how you want to spend your time. I believe that if you do what you really love, you will find success with that. Use your creativity and imagination, pick what interests you and decide how much time you are willing or able to spend.

When you are trying to work for yourself, there will be issues to worry about. If you are normally a two income family, you must recognize the risk of working for yourself. You may need to work a part time job for a while until you get your business up and running, and are bringing in a comfortable income. This may take a little while, but always keep your goals of working from home in focus.

Use your talents and hobbies to come up with something that you can do to bring in a good income. Thinks of the things that you love doing and enjoy. If you can do these things better than most others, perhaps you can do it for them and save them the time, while you make money!

My passions are candles, skin care and gift items. So I scoured the web, found some companies that were free to join and were marketers of these types of items, built me a website, and put these items on it! Many people create their own products, I just don't have that type of talent. If you do, go for it! Take pictures of your creations, build you a website and put your items on it and go from there.

I the proceeded to find every type of free advertising that I could possibly dream up. I used free classifieds, free safelists, and forums on the internet. I made up my own flyers on my computer and distributed them all over town, at the local college, stores, the tanning salon, everywhere I could possibly leave my flyer. I made invitation cards to hand out to people that I know inviting them to my website! Use your imagination, there are literally hundreds of ways to advertise your business or service at absolutely no cost to you. And realize that one difference between working outside the home and working at your home is you won't have the expenses of gas, eating meals out, and other overhead costs associated with working out in the public.

Put your mind to work and explore all the things that you love to do and enjoy doing. These will work well for you in starting your home business. Don't endeavor to do things you really don't enjoy doing just for the money, if you do you might as well be working for someone else!

Always remember, money isn't the only important part of being self-employed. Your enjoyment in what you are doing is just as big a part of your business! The more you love and enjoy what you are doing, the better and more prosperous your business venture will be!

And you have all heard of people who are talkers, and people who are doers. Alot of people can talk about what they are going to do really well, but if you want to be successful, don't talk, just do it! Be a doer! Take that first step to release your fears, get your ideas together and go with it! You can be successful, if you truly want to. Believe in yourself and put your fears aside.

No comments: